GPS & Location Troubleshooting
Please keep the following in mind when using the GPS mileage feature on your mobile device:
- Your phone's GPS must be turned on for our GPS feature to begin calculating
- It can take your personal mobile device up to 5 minutes to find its GPS location the first time you activate the GPS on your device.
- Indoor locations can make it harder to find your GPS location as there is not a clear view of the sky. When in your car, find a good location for your phone.
- If a GPS satellite signal is lost (blackout area - remote areas) it can affect the total miles recorded. Manually adjust total miles if you see this happening in a remote area.
If you receive the "Location services disabled" notification or feel that your actual mileage is different that what is showing on the app, follow these simple troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure GPS is turned on. This can be viewed in your phone's settings.
2. Confirm that your phone or tablet is running on the latest device software version. If you are unsure, please contact your phone carrier or phone manufacturer for details.
3. Confirm that your Deductr app is running on the latest version. If you are unsure, please check your App Store to see if there is an update for our app.
4. Confirm that you have an active Data Connection. Tip: You can do this by opening your Web Browser. If you are able to search the web, you have an active connection. NOTE: Some phone carrier plans do not interrupt data connections during phone calls. Please contact your phone carrier.
Note: Remember, any interruption in your data connection can interrupt our GPS mileage feature.
5. Turn off your phone for 30 seconds and then turn your phone back on.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Type of Phone & Model
2. Phone Carrier
3. Deductr App version number (this can be found in Settings on the Overview tab)
4. Notification or Error received (screenshots are always great)
5. Details of what you were trying to do when you received the notification or error.
6. Time of event - if you can provide this, it can be very helpful.
Once we have this information, we will be happy to research this further for you.