Entering an Expense from the Transactions Page
You can enter income or expense transactions by clicking the orange "Add Transaction" button in the upper right corner.
A box will appear allowing you to enter pertinent information about that expense.
Make sure to enter all the info for an expense!
1. Date - Select the date of the expense, as shown on the receipt.
2. Expense Payee - Enter who the money was paid to.
3. Total Amount - How much was spent.
4. Category - The categories in Deductr are taken from the Schedule C, which you will file at tax time.
Black = Expense
Blue = Income
Orange = Charitable Contributions
5. Account - Choose the payment method used for the expense.
6. Business Purpose - Why you spent the money in the first place. This is important for the IRS if you are ever audited. A detailed description is always better than a short simple one.
7. Click "Add" and you are done!
The expense now shows in the log. And, if you click on the line item, you can edit the transaction.
And that’s it! Quick and Easy.